About Me

My photo
I'm a consulting geologist for a small company in the Denver area. I study problems related to active tectonics, using geomorphology, structural geology and remote sensing.

Monday, February 26, 2007

anonymous code tip

someone left me an anonymous coding tip, regarding my xml/css post about changing the header background image. (who was that?)

thanks for the tip, but i already tried it. i tried a bunch of things. the problem is that the header is blocked into separate frames early in the code, and the background attributes are defined in that section. I can't combine the frames, because they call different references, etc, etc. the easiest thing to do would be to delete the whole section and recode a new title block that was one cell, throw in the background and just format the text with a simple line break. maybe i'll get to it sometime, but for now i should be working.

~t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I don't use Blogger, but from looking at the css it certainly appears that all the header attributes are defined in the Blogger template you're using (Minima). If you edit the #header definition there to insert the background URL (where currently it just has the color, #059) it should pick it up site-wide.

Or are the templates not editable on a site-by-site basis?