About Me

My photo
I'm a consulting geologist for a small company in the Denver area. I study problems related to active tectonics, using geomorphology, structural geology and remote sensing.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Floating

...and not the good kind; surfing powder on the steep slopes of local mountains or skipping bike tires across the tops of rock gardens in the woods... this is different. Feeling a bit like wheels are spinning in the air. The feeling of a possible impending collision after hitting brakes on black-ice, although in my case I don't necessarily see anything to hit... it just feels a bit like sliding. It seems to me like I can actually identify when this started, and it surprises me that it's been a few months. I guess as long as I'm moving forward I can call it progress, but I'd sure like to feel a bit more in control. Not much to do but stand by convictions and remember I'm doing this all by choice... hopefully traction comes back soon.

~t

No comments: