About Me

My photo
I'm a consulting geologist for a small company in the Denver area. I study problems related to active tectonics, using geomorphology, structural geology and remote sensing.

Monday, March 31, 2008

back from death

valley that is. Spring break was spent crawling through the desert over indurated boulder fields and having salty dust blown in my face. I huddled in my sleeping bag at night, fighting off the chill of freezing winds blowing down from the high ranges bounding the basins. I woke every morning before dawn to watch the rose glow of sunrise wash over the snowy peaks and creep down to the valley floor. even though I slept in a different place every night, traveled far during the days and let my mind wander as much as possible I was always thinking about one thing.

~t

No comments: