About Me

My photo
I'm a consulting geologist for a small company in the Denver area. I study problems related to active tectonics, using geomorphology, structural geology and remote sensing.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Prophet, or perve?

"To my understanding the Koran does not place a limit and it is up to what your own power, your own endowment and ability allows," he says. - this from Mohammed Bello Abubakar, 84, of Nigeria.

This man has married 84 wives, and has sired "at least 170 children"....


WTF!?!!

The other thing that gets me:
"Every mealtime they cook three 12kg bags of rice which all adds up to $915 (£457) every day."

OK... I buy rice by the 12kg bag, and here in Boulder (admittedly one of the more expensive places to live within the united states) I pay a whopping $25 per bag. So, by my back-of-the-envelope calculation, I would pay 75 dollars for three 12kg bags, whereas this man spends almost a thousand??!! ...boy is he getting ripped off (or the BBC reporter for this particular article is WAY off in their reporting. Either way, I'm glad I (most likely) will never sire even a hundred children (actually, I'd hope to keep the total to no more than twice two orders of magnitude less than that!)

[nieerd!;]

~t

No comments: