About Me

My photo
I'm a consulting geologist for a small company in the Denver area. I study problems related to active tectonics, using geomorphology, structural geology and remote sensing.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

mineral rights

"the meek shall inherit the earth, but not its mineral rights."

i was going through some of the messages in my inbox in an effort to clear some things out, when i ran across an old message from one of my friends. she's a geology major at cornell, and sent me this url when i was employed as a "real" (i.e. paid, and telling people where to drill) geologist... it's funny just how accurate it is. anyway, check out: geosphere

~t

2 comments:

Michael Turton said...

Tarka,

When you get a chance, some blogging on any interesting or unusual features in Taiwan, or what you are studying here, would be really informative. I'd love to learn more about our island's history.

Michael
The View from Taiwan

Michael Turton said...

You asked me what I had in mind by the above. Hmmm....well, you know, some interesting geological feature of Taiwan that has deeply affected its human inhabitants, not one that people might point to very easily, like the cause of quakes. Or some feature of Taiwan that is geologically unusual or interesting, like the Giant's Causeway in Ireland, or the Devil's Tower in the US. Or experiences in the field -- where you went, pics you took, the rocks you saw. that sort of thing. When you had time! Don't feel any pressure. I know what your time pressure must be like. I was a grad student once too.

Michael